Which Performance Report on Commercial Managed Care Plans is Right for You?
Released in January 2013
2012 Health Benefit Plan Quality and Performance Report
This report details the quality and performance of Maryland’s commercial health benefit plans that were required to submit 2011 calendar year data on various quality measures.
Released in October 2012
2013 Quality and Performance Reporting Requirements-Final
This document details the quality and performance measures that Maryland’s health insurance plans are required to report for 2013 in order to maintain compliance with MHCC’s regulation, COMAR 10.25.08.
Released in January 2012
- 2011 Comprehensive Health Benefit Plan Performance Report
This document is a statistical companion report to the previously released 2011 Health Benefit Plan Performance Report. Information in the 2011 Comprehensive Performance Report details the performance of Maryland’s health insurance plans that were required to submit 2010 calendar year data on various quality measures. The report is primarily used by large employers, House and Senate legislative staff and other policy markers.
Released in November 2011
- 2011 Health Benefit Plan Performance Report
- 2012 Health Benefit Plan Reporting Requirements-Final
This document details the quality and performance measures that Maryland’s health insurance plans are required to report for 2012 in order to maintain compliance with MHCC’s regulation, COMAR 10.25.08. This regulation requires participation in the Health Benefit Plan Quality and Performance Evaluation System by each carrier that achieves the following 3 benchmarks:
- Holds a certificate of authority in the State of Maryland.
- Has a premium volume in Maryland for each category of health benefit plan that exceeds $1,000,000.
- Has no more than 65% of its Maryland enrollees covered through the Medicaid and Medicare programs (as reported in an annual statement submitted by a carrier to the MHCC that includes premium volume and enrollment percentages for the calendar year preceding the reporting period.
Released in December 2010
Released in October 2010
Released in March 2010
Released in February 2010
Released in October 2009
Released in December 2008
Released in September 2008
September 22, 2008: Health Plan Performance Report Expansion